Pages

July 7, 2010

I saw Jesus in her eyes

I was thinking today about how amazing God is and praising him for his sovereignty. As I was looking back over my life, I was amazed at the amount of people that he had cross my path..people that had a relationship with Him..and that I feel like He sent to minister to me, to plant seeds in my life. At the time I didn't always recognize what was happening, but once I came into the kingdom of God I had my eyes opened and it has left me shouting his praises!!

One example that I have been in awe over lately, is that of the mother of a high school boyfriend. I was great friends with this guy and when I would go over to his house I was drawn to His mom. Something was different in her...something in her eyes made me feel peace...made me feel comfort..made me feel safe. The strange thing was that she didn't have to say anything..just being around her stirred these feelings up and left me wondering what was so different about her. They helped to keep me involved at a youth group I am pretty sure they invited me to. I attended for quite some time and this was the place that I was given a bible that had an invisible bookmark..or I always thought it was God's finger that was holding the place for me. This Bible would fall open to Matthew 24 no matter how I opened it..specifically the following verses jumped off the pages and I read them DAILY..
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. (vs 4-5)

23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time. (vs 23-25)


Long story short (and one over the next few weeks I will write about here on my blog), I had been living in a cult at the time and Jesus planted this woman in my life that would get me to youth group, get me a bible, and then God would begin planting seeds that would lead to my very salvation, that would lead me to realize that there was a GOD...He knew my name...and He wasn't who I had been told he was. God whispered my name thru this woman, He looked at me thru her eyes, and He was the reason I was drawn to her. Thank you Sheryl Teini for impacting my life! This story reminds me of the importance of an simple invitation. People might say no...but they just might say yes....and if they say yes..it could lead to LIFE....isn't that more important than our pride and any rejection we might face in the invite process? Also...it is so critical that we are obedient in our walks with Christ...that we live in such a way that people can see jesus in our eyes. I am COMPLETELY aware that the only good in me is JESUS..and I am praying people see HIm and not ME!

1 comment:

  1. That is a powerful story of the impact people have on us and the often unknown impact we have on others. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete