Pages

April 28, 2010

Father Display Your Glory

My husband and I have been in the midst of a season that has been tremendously trying, extremely difficult, and to be honest ....very wearing. WE have been in this season for a year and a half now, and just when our human minds think it will get better...it doesn't. I have been praying for God to deliver us from this season, even though we have seen His mighty hand at work...shaping our character, molding our hearts, and we have come to know Him by many new names; REFUGE, PROVIDER, MIRACLE-WORKER, and RESTORER OF JOY. I have also prayed that if we are in this season as a form of discipline, that God would reveal the wretchedness of our hearts, any wrongdoing we may be walking in, etc. I'm not going to lie...there have been moments I have argued with the Lord, wrestled with Him, and even moments where I have been angry at Him....but God is so gracious and good...He loves me right thru it....HE WELCOMES THIS MOMENTS AND GROWS ME THRU THEM!

Last night I had dinner with a sister of mine (in Christ)...and she told me how much our situation has ministered to her, how much she and her husband have been strengthened in their faith because of what God has done in our lives...and I was filled with hope...knowing there is a purpose to our present circumstances...that purpose is HIS GLORY! Oh, what a privilege! Then, I came home and prayed..and was led in God's word to John 12:27 in the MESSAGE translation. Jesus is referring to His suffering on the cross.

"Right now I am storm-tossed. And what am I going to say? 'Father, get me out of this'? No, this is why I came in the first place. I'll say, 'Father, put your glory on display.'

I was overwhelmed with peace in that moment...knowing that though we are storm-tossed right now....I am on earth for the purpose of bringing glory to my King....and if my present circumstances put His glory on display...then may the storm rage on. My prayer has shifted from "Deliver us oh Lord"....to "Father, put your glory on display in my life...no matter the cost..& strengthen me, equip me when it seems expensive"

What storm are you in right now? Just remember that if we allow Him to, God will use our storms for His glory and for our good....He never wastes a moment, never wastes our pain, and His plans for our lives never change...even if we feel stuck in the raging waves. I pray today that you will know His love...and that you will dare to pray that He may put His glory on display in your life...no matter the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment