Pages

March 12, 2010

Prayer Parties

There is something so beautiful about praying in groups, about carving out time with others to simply sit in your Father's presence, to seek His face, and to hear His voice. Yet....very often....we don't do it. We think of our dinner parties, our movies, tv shows, fun game nights, etc....but how about setting a date to pray? I am not saying that hanging out with people in other settings is wrong (the contrary is true:), but what I am saying is that times of prayer with others should be a priority too!

This morning, I opened my home to women from Facebook to come pray and it was beautiful. God was there (of course), and it was such a treasure to sit in His presence without the distractions of day to day life and just talk to our Daddy! I would love to encourage you to start a prayer group or a time...if you don't know how to lead one...ask for wisdom and it shall be given to you!!!

I will leave you with this awesome quote I read today

"If there are two persons praying, there are three. If three meet to pray, there are four praying. There is always one more than you can see." S. D. Gordon

There were five of us today......

No comments:

Post a Comment