Pages

September 13, 2009

Love Like That

"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children learn proper behavior from their parents. mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He diddn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that." Ephesians 5:1-4 (MSG)

Are you extravagant with your love? Or do you find yourself being cautious as you love others? Perhaps you have been hurt in the past as you loved someone (so was He), so now you find yourself withholding love as a means of self-protection? I have been there so often, where I was afraid of getting hurt, afraid that the love wouldn't be reciprocated, or that it would seem crazy, so instead of obediently loving...I withheld in caution. I am so thankful that God didn't withhold HIs love with caution when it comes to me and my wretchedness. I have been loved extravagantly by my Maker, and so have you...and not because we deserved it. He didn't love me in order to get something from me, but He gave everything of Himself so that I could find life, and so you could find life. When was the last time you loved someone extravagantly? I am convinced that if we obediently love as He loved, that in that extravagant love, He will be glorified and found by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment