Pages

August 30, 2008

Can you hear His voice?

Ever had a day that you really felt you needed to hear from God? I am having one of those weeks, where I am pressing into Him, and asking Him to speak to me, to help me to see clearly, etc. Today, I had a dear friend shoot me an email that simply opened my eyes to the fact that "God is FOR me". It was a simple act of kindness on her part, but also a huge act of obedience, because God was using her to answer my prayers. As I read her email, I no longer was reading her words, but instead the words that God wanted to speak to me. There are times where we miss God's voice because we have expectations of "how" we will hear His voice. All week as I have prayed, I knew He was listening, but somehow He felt so distant. I didn't "hear" Him in the exact time frame I thought I would, but rather when I least expected it! God not only uses His word to speak to our hearts, but He also uses His people to speak to us. I want to encourage you today to keep your ears open, and to recognize that God is speaking to you and I everyday. The question is, do you have a heart that is ready to hear Him?

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have been pressing in and listening... That's what this weekend alone was for... I'm not sure I've heard exactly what I was hoping for- a very specific answer-but I have heard and felt Him in ways I haven't for awhile! Thanks for sharing your thoughts-

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I will pray that God will continue to speak to you, to give you guidance and wrap you in HIs love!

    ReplyDelete