Pages

July 23, 2007

What an awesome weekend!

At CVC this weekend we had an awesome service. Our pastor dug into Romans 7:14-17 and called people to confession. We combined all the arts (song, dance, drama, video, etc) to project a story of how we can't do it on our own. Like it says in Romans 7:15 "I don't understand myself. For what I want to do, I do not do. It is what I hate that I do." I shared with the congregation how each week I fall flat on my face when it comes to my precious step children. I always say that I will be different, that I will speak words of life into them, words of love and have extreme grace and patience with them, but when the weekend comes, I mess it all up. My intentions become just that....intentions....not actually acted out. The reason this cycle continues is that I have tried desperately, but only on my own strength. This weekend was powerful. I see how I need to surrender it to God....and know that He is in control (even of me). At the end of each service our pastor John Jackson, called people forward to confession. It was amazing to see each and every counselor embracing individuals who desperately wanted to be different, and who realized that only God can make the difference. I heard so many awesome stories through the weekend, and I was totally honored to be a part of this weekend at CVC! YEAH GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment