Pages

July 21, 2007

Me and Old Navy HUH?

So, I am officially a temporary logistics associate at Old Navy. Yep, it's true, I have moved to the competition. My old boss would literally faint if she heard. I keep trying to get back to my old stomping grounds, but it just hasn't worked out, so I had to look elsewhere:( The great thing is that my boss is being totally flexible around my family and my ministry schedule. I don't have to work...nights...or weekends. WOW! that is unheard of in retail. I must have someone looking out for me:) I am only on for 90 days, which should hopefully be enough for Paul and I. I have only had one training shift, but it seems like it is going to be ok. I must admit that it is going to be difficult for me, being that I managed a store for 5 years. Humbling, but really good for me. I do feel somewhat like a traitor, going to another retailer after so many great, fun, hard, beautiful, challenging, incredible years with a wonderful team....especially my co-manager that stuck by me through all of our hard times and worked by my side to develop a top-performing team. Man, I miss her (Migle), but I am so proud of her, busy running a store on her own. I pray that her experience managing will be as rewarding and wonderful as my five years were. Here's to Maurices.....and to Old Navy? Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment