Pages

January 10, 2010

2010: Seek Him First

I usually set new year's goals every year. Most of the goals I set are too high to attain...so I always wonder why I really set them:) It's silly, I do it because it is tradition. This year I asked the Lord to guide me in what He would like me to focus on in 2010. What He would like to see changed in my life. He reminded me of a scripture in Matthew 6 that says "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." As the scripture was brought to my memory, the Lord made it clear that it was to be my only goal. You see, if I put God first, at the forefront of the entire year, of every thought, every goal, every morning, etc.....I will be in the center of God's will. And I am also reminded that "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me"....but the key part is thru Christ. If I am not seeking Him...I am not doing things thru Him...I am doing things on my own, which is why I so often fail. This year, I long to be in the center of His will, not my own.

After all, my life is not my own...it's His!

No comments:

Post a Comment