Pages

July 17, 2009

In every season

I have been singing the words to the "DESERT SONG" by Hillsong United this past week. The bridge declares "all of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship!" It is a powerful truth that has been resounding in my soul as I have been reflecting on reasons that I can rejoice in Him thru this season of our lives. The truth is that no matter what is happening around us, in us, or thru us...GOD IS STILL GOD. He is still Jehovah Jirah, our Provider, the Sovereign One, King of all Days, King of My days. He is still the Alpha, the Omega, the beginning, and the end. He is still filled with grace, mercy, love, forgiveness, and disciplline for His beloved children. He is infinitely more than I can ever grasp or describe, but all of this, all of His amazing, astounding, incredible characteristics...THEY ARE ENOUGH FOR ME. I will rejoice in my Saviour always, I will leap with joy for what He's doing....IN EVERY SEASON. And tucked in the tiny book of Habakkuk is a prayer that is resounding in my heart...

"though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD. I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer and he enables me to on the heights" Habakkuk 3:17-19

Do you have a reason to sing, a reason to worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment