Pages

June 30, 2009

Proud of you Honey!

I am so proud of my husband! He was offered a job today with the State of Nevada as a corrections officer at the prison. I am proud of him, not for getting the job, but for how he has embraced this season of our lives. He taught me so much about submission to the Lord's will, about trusting in His provision, and about fully putting our hope in Christ. As a man, Paul is obviously wired to want to be the provider for our family, and this 10 months of unemployment has really shaken us up in that arena...however Paul has clung to Jesus, dug into His word, poured His heart out before Him...and put His complete trust in Him. Paul got to the point where he completely surrendered his ideals of a job, of what "providing" looks like, and said "whatever you want Lord, I will follow you, I will trust you, even if I don't get a job". Paul kept his gaze directly on God, not to the left or to the right (on our circumstances), but just in front of us. This season has given us many opportunities to fret, and every time I was worried about the fact that we couldn't pay our bills, couldn't buy diapers, etc..my husband would point me to the Lord. Paul is extremely humble and has given all credit to the Lord for what has taken place in our lives lately, but I also know that His humility, his trust in God, and his submission the Holy One have been transformational in my life and the lives of our children. This season has strengthened our marriage, drawn us closer, taught us valuable lessons about who really provides for us, and has strengthened our faith.I am incredibly blessed to be married to such a strong man who considers it pure joy when he faces trials. I cannot wait for the next chapter of our lives, for the lessons God will teach us, and the stories we can share of Jehovah Jirah, our provider. I am so proud of you Paul, you point me to Christ, and I am honored to be your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment