Pages

June 15, 2009

Like a Child

Tonight I have been busy watching my husband chase our daughter around the house. She has been filled with joy, laugher, love, and total trust in her father. And...Jesus is telling me that I need to be a bit more like her these days.

"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

See, little Gracey never worries about provision, getting the bills paid, whether or not she will eat today, what she will wear (ok maybe sometimes on that one)..but she has total trust that these things will be provided for her...she doesn't even think twice about it.

God is reminding me that I need to become like my daughter in this area, put my trust in Him, and rest on the promises of Matthew 6:25 25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"

How about you are you worrying about something? Or are you trusting in the Lord like a child in her father?

No comments:

Post a Comment