Pages

August 11, 2008

A desire to respond Yes Lord!

When God asks you to do something, how long does it take you to respond? What does your typical response look like? I desperately want to be a woman who responds immediately "Yes"..no matter what the specifics are, "Yes", but there are often times that this is not my response. I attended the Willowcreek Summit last week, and since then I have been praying through my responses to God...here is what they have sounded like at times...

"Are you talking to me? surely, you couldn't be asking me to do that?" "I am not capable of doing that Lord, I don't have what is necessary to pull that off..(finances, education, time, guts, etc)", "Or, God, they won't listen to me."

As if God is going to call me to do something that is a cake walk...then, why would I need Him to accomplish it through me? When God calls, I just long to answer "Yes" Lord. We can trust that He will equip us for any task that He calls us to do!

I read this today in Acts 4:13 "When they saw the courage of Peter and John, and realized that they were under-schooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and took note that these men had been with Jesus". The way I see it, Peter and John could've responded "I am not capable Lord, I don't have an education", etc ...but they chose to respond "I do not have wealth, but what I have I give to you." and you know what they had? Jesus Christ is what they had! Guess what? that's who I have too, and so do you, so why aren't we responding Yes Lord! immediately? Where do you need to say Yes to God! What "weaknesses" do you need to stop focusing on?

No comments:

Post a Comment