Pages

June 1, 2008

Worship weekend

What an awesome weekend. We had Newsong (our choir), and the kids choir end their seasons with a BANG! It was incredible, God moved in hearts this weekend, and I wanted to share with you how he moved in mine.

i was able to sing in the choir this weekend, which was an awesome blessing, they are such a wonderful group of people. as I stood in the back row and looked down seeing my kids worshiping, i had to fight back tears..i was a proud mama..so greatful for those little buggers.

also standing in the choir, I was amazed at the journey God has taken me on over the past several years. The journey of finding out who I was in Christ, learning to rest in His goodness, His perfect plan, and learning to trust Him with all that I am.

When I first came to CVC I lacked confidence, I was terrified to be me, afraid of not being accepted. I have had incredible people,truth speaking friends, and an awesome senior pastor investing in my life, pointing me to Christ, and loving on me. God has been working in my heart, and in Him...I am a new creation. I am in awe of the blessings He has poured forth in my life as I have learned to trust Him. God promises that if we draw near to Him, that He will draw near to us...and when He draws near, our lives are transformed. The promises in His word are true, my life is living proof!

We sang "Promises" by the Desperation Band at New Life Church, and one of the lines is "All of your promises won't let go of me!" That's where i have been with God lately...in His arms, and He won't let go of me! What promises has God revealed in your life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment