Pages

February 26, 2008

Learning to "stand upon His word

Today was one of those days jammed packed with stress. I was trying to juggle meetings, work, and carting around my precious baby. Near the day's end, I was at the end of my rope, truthfully....I just wanted to head home and cry...but I still had to lead worship for our STEP ministry. Something really cool happened as I prepared my heart to lead. I started focusing on God, and His power, might, and most of all His love for me. I was going to sing "Everyday", and the lyrics say "Everyday...I'll learn to stand upon your word." Bingo! I knew that I needed to go to His word, His love letter to me, to shift my stressful thinking, to peace. I wanted to share the promises I read today....I pray that as you read this, you will be reminded that no matter what is going on in your life...stress at work, in your marriage, in your recovery, in your finances,etc...that God has a love letter jam packed with nuggets of wisdom, comfort, peace, hope, and love, and it was created with You in mind!

I will bless you in times of mourning with my comfort (Matthew 5:4)
I will heal your broken heart and mend all your wounds (Psalm 147:3)
I will give you peace at all times in every situation (2 Thess 3:16)
I will be a real Father to you. (2 Corin 6:18)
You can trust me, for I will never forsake you. (Psalm 9:10)
My plan for your future is filled with hope (Jeremiah 29:11)
You are holy and free from blame because of Jesus Christ's death (Col 1:21-22)
I will not let you be tested beyond what you can endure (1 Corin 10:13)
I am very close to those who have a broken heart (Psalm 34:18)
I am your Shepherd and I will meet all your needs (Psalm 23:1)
I will be your safe place in difficult times (Nahum 1:7)