Pages

April 30, 2007

Oh what a night!

Well, it's midnight, and I just got home from an amazing concert. Rod and Tina blessed Paul and I last minute with tickets to the Nickelcreek concert in Reno. Suprisingly, we were able to find a babysitter at the last minute (thanks Nic and Christina), and so off we went to Reno. Let me tell you, they are an amazing group. They played their instruments so beautifully. You can tell that they have been extremely dedicated to developing their gifts to get where they are today. I left feeling inspired. I have really felt God knocking on the door of my heart over the past month. It first started as I have been studying the book Extravagant Worship by Darlene Zscech with our praise team. She encourages artists to allow yourself to dream that which God has planted in your soul, and to take steps towards that dream. I tell you what, so much has been stirred up in me lately....so many thoughts of what exactly my "dream" is. I do know that I am currently tasting bits and pieces of my dream coming together. The opportunity to grow as an artist and to work with such an incredible group of individuals each weekend has been so amazing. There is nothing more satisfying than feeling God in the room as I lead worship. I feel like I am doing a bit of what God made me for! But, I do know that I need to continue to develop my gift. First off, I really need to start taking voice lessons to learn to harness the one that I have! Second, I have been dying to learn guitar and I know that it is not too late.....so, I need to start! I know that God has great plans for me, plans to prosper me....and I am going to bloom where I am planted. (God told me so:) ) God really has shown me glimpses of the future of my ministry and I know that at some point I will be traveling, sharing God's love through music and through what He has done in my life. I know that my life story points to the power of His redeeming hand and His indescribable love and grace. I desire to shout from the mountain tops of all He has done in my life. His love has revved up my engines and made me ready to go. I will sing of His love forever, and shout His praise until the day He takes me from this place. My greatest desire is that people will look at my life and say "I want what she has!" Not my talent...but rather that they see Jesus living and breathing in me. I want to give Him everything that I have and everything that I am to further His kingdom. Amen and Amen....and as Pastor John said this weekend "well amen by myself!"

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree! I like your Meez too!! You have to check out Mark Marsella's. It's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete